How to Retain Your Most Important Contracts and Customers
1 day workshop*
Karstens, 123 Queen St Melbourne
Thurs 16 March, 2017
$750 p/p + GST
What's it all about?
If your biggest customer put their business up for competition tomorrow, would you be ready? What story would you tell? How effective would that be in helping you to win again?
Being forced to compete again for business you already have is the hardest sale of all.
It’s like applying for your own job.
Unlike new business, where it’s all bright shiny opportunity, there’s a lot at stake when you need to keep a customer.
And major customers expect a lot from their existing suppliers – a lot more than we think.
Competitors are approaching your customers all the time with new ideas.
Add to this the fact that only 50% of incumbents end up retaining the customers they have worked so hard to win and serve, and it’s clear that a different approach is needed.
- If good relationships and good work aren't enough, what more do you need to do?
- How do you identify the strategy that will help you to keep the business?
- How do you get your business and your team engaged and excited about it?
- How will you know you’re doing everything in your power to win again?
If you are part-way through a contract term with a big customer, or have an important contract coming up for renewal, rollover or re-tender in the next 12 months, this workshop is ideal for you.
It is designed for anyone who is responsible for retaining and growing long-term customer relationships and accounts, including business owners, senior managers, account managers, sales managers, contract leaders, customer service leaders, and professional services providers.
What others say
“Valuable insights into re-invigorating customer contracts – not rolling over. Robyn is a great facilitator for workshopping real world tasks and issues.” Jonathan Dexter, Viva Energy
"Having just renegotiated our contract for another five years, I am working on 'where do we go from here.' This workshop was great and helped me to clarify my ideas from a different perspective, with creative thinking and case studies. A very enjoyable day and well worth us coming." Vicki Rofe, Quayclean
“The workshop gave us a way to focus thinking for key clients, and the tools provided are very valuable. The preparation, and how that was delivered was great.” Debra Mooney and Lesley Smith, Propharma
“Great ideas on how to better service customers and convince them not to go to tender. Liked the interactive approach too. Thank you Robyn. Once again I have gained a lot of information out of your sessions.” Jarrod Morgan, Placard
“10 out of 10! Lots of food for thought, particularly taking the time out to think about our client's business in new ways. Thoroughly enjoyed it.” Heather Maloney, Contact Point IT Services
“A great step-by-step workshop with hands-on practical activities and many new techniques and tools. Loved your energy and support.” Kei Lee, Citrus
“This workshop provides clarity and frameworks for formulating a contract renewal strategy. It helped me identify areas we need to work on, provided tools and templates I can use, and was tailored to a live project.” Louie Hatzikosmidis, LHD Group
“Valuable insights about where we are in the effort scale with clients, and where we can improve. The content and tempo were well matched and Robyn was very helpful.” Aisling Coughlan, NDY
“Looking forward to implementing the new initiatives.” Nick Saunders, Landscape Solutions
This one-day workshop will give you the tools and techniques to develop a Ready to Re-compete plan for your most important contract or customer.
- Discover the assumptions that may be holding you back from winning again
- Explore what customers REALLY expect from long-term business relationships and how to develop true customer partnerships in an era of rapid change
- Identify the three advantages available to incumbents – and learn how to use them
- Plug into your customer’s challenges and opportunities to help them build their future
- Identify business-winning ideas that will position your organisation as the clear winner when you need to compete again
- Learn how to Rev Up Your Reporting and use your performance reports as a marketing tool
What's in the workshop?
- Practical, specific ideas to build a Ready to Re-compete strategy for your most important contract or customer
- A set of re-useable tools to Rev Up Your Reporting
- A copy of Robyn’s book, Winning Again – a Retention Game Plan for Your Most Important Contracts and Customers
About the facilitator
Business development advisor Robyn Haydon, author of Winning Again, works with suppliers to win and retain multi-million dollar contracts through bids and tenders. She is in constant contact with the procurement system, sees the outcome of buying decisions every day, and has gained many insights into what keeps customers buying – and what will make them go elsewhere.
“I first met Robyn at a conference where she was giving a presentation on unique ways of re-bidding for business. I immediately knew we needed to engage her skills in an upcoming multi-million dollar tender that would be the make or break for our company. I am so glad we did! Robyn and I worked one on one in the months prior to the release of the request for tender. During this time she was invaluable to the process of positioning the company to re-compete for business. I can honestly say I learnt more from Robyn during this time than in the whole time I have spent undertaking my MBA. When it came to tender time Robyn was an inspiration to our whole tender team, she challenged our thoughts, pushed us to do our best and most importantly gave us the tools to create the best possible response we could deliver. I can’t thank or recommend her enough.” Julie Beckers – General Manager MAS National